Check out this Infographic, published by the University of Florida: The True ROI of A Bachelor's Degree
Getting Ready for College: An Overview
Check out these College Prep Timelines!
Grade 7-12 overview
Detailed timeline for Juniors
Detailed timeline for Seniors
1. Know what to expect.
2. Keep your GPA in check! Make sure you're meeting your graduation requirements.
3. Get ready for college readiness tests, such as the PSAT, SAT, ACT or PERT. Grade 11 is when to really focus on these.
4. Figure out how you will pay for college, including financial aid and/or scholarships. Be prepared! Many scholarships want to see that you are involved in extracurricular activities and community service. Be sure to keep records!
5. Decide on what you want to study. (See links below)
6. Research which schools are right for you, including technical schools and community colleges too.
7. Get the info you need to apply. Be sure to pay attention to DEADLINES and all other requirements.
Keeping your GPA in Check
Would you like to know how GPA is calculated? Check out this handy form. You can also find an explanation of what all those different GPAs on your report card mean here.
Are you struggling in a class? Be sure to stay after school for FREE tutoring! Check out this year's ELP Schedule.
Need help with FAFSA?
Public Universities and Colleges
The State University System of Florida (Or SUS for short!)
The SUS Matrix- a wealth of information about admissions requirements at these schools.
Notes from the SUS 2014 Admissions Tour
Hillsborough Community College
Technical Schools and Centers through Hi-TEC
Tampa Bay Tech